Thursday, March 12, 2009

First Post

First let me say I have no idea what I am doing. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I have been thinking about this for several weeks now. Through a series of events I ended up at Lelia Chealey's blog and saw that she is hosting an online book group around Micca Campbell's new book. This seems like it is right up my alley. I have always wanted to join a book club but I have always worked and it seems most book clubs are for non working women as they are hosted during the day. This does not help me. I ordered the book, read the first chapter and now I am anxiously waiting for March 24th when we get to start.

This January, one of my New Year's resolutions were to start Journaling. It is now March and I have to say I am failing miserably. I type faster than I write so I am really hoping this will help me. It has been a rough year for us financially, we have had some big things happening this year, not bad things, just expensive. My oldest daughter got married and my middle daughter is graduating from high school. Need I say more. I told somebody the other day, I should have money again around September.

I told my kids the other day this was a Trust God week, and he definitely provided, but really now that I think about it, this has been a Trust God year. I hope to do better with trusting God. That is also part of what this blog is about. It hasn't always been a pretty journey. I really wanted it to go better, but sadly, it hasn't always done that. My journey has definitely been a roller coaster ride. I think about the Steve Martin movie "Parenthood" maybe that would best describe my life. We all have crazy relatives we have to deal with, or (in my case) a crazy boss who cannot be explained any other way other than the fact they are just flat out Crazy (and not a good, fun crazy, but needs serious help crazy).

I know that one of the reasons we face trials in our lives is to bring us closer to God and when the trial is over I try to thank Him for the blessings I received, and I always receive blessings because that is one of the best parts about God, he knows the plans he has for us and they are plans for good not evil and he always takes what someone intends for our bad and turns it around for our good. I am really trying to lean on that this year and in my future. With the economy and gas prices and people going to jail or losing their homes, it is a big scary world out there, we all need to trust God a lot more.

Sorry this is so long and rambling I am not a writer. I also hope to get better at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment