Friday, September 4, 2009

The art of Patience

Why is patience so hard to achieve? I try so hard to be patience but I am not a patient person. I never have been. I hate to wait in line, I hate to be behind slow drivers, my computer never moves fast enough and I hate to watch commercials. Now that I have a dvr, I don't have to do that anymore, now I record everything and fast forward through the commercials. But still I always find myself frustrated and usually it is because I have to wait for something.

Right now I am not working, my old company has closed down and turned the business over to new owners. There is a good possibility that everyone will be called back to work, but it hasn't happened yet. My problem is that I am not sure I want to go back to that type of work. I know I don't want to, but unemployment is scary and I don't want to worry about how I will pay my bills or provide for my family. I really want something else, but do I take the chance and wait for something else, knowing that it may not come along? And if it doesn't do I give up the chance of a guaranteed paycheck? I have stepped out in faith before and God has come through for me. Why do I find it so hard to do that again? Why am I still afraid to fall or fail? I know that God has plans for me that are plans for my good and that he desires to give me the desires of my heart. My head knows this but I can't always make my heart feel it.

Maybe now is my time to get closer to God and learn to listen and wait patiently for God to do his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment